Tuesday, December 19, 2017

My First Birthday Abroad!

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes! It's now a little after 8pm as I write this, and it has been an almost perfect birthday. This post will be short and sweet! It started with some family cuddle time in bed since Baby L let us sleep in a little later than usual. G had roses for me and cooked a hearty American-style breakfast of biscuits, sausage, bacon, and eggs.  After breakfast, Baby L and I had some playtime on the sofa will G and Miss J cleaned up breakfast - and I got this adorable photo of her!
My sweet Santa-baby! Look at that grin!!!
Then G took me out for lunch (Miss J stayed home with Baby L) at Din Tai Fung, one of my favorite places to eat. I'm normally not a huge fan of restaurant chains, and DTF is the exception to my rule! We ordered a bunch of food, and it was all in our bellies before I even thought to take pictures. 

After lunch, we caught an early showing of the new Star Wars movie - it was great, though a bit long when accounting for the 30 minutes of commercials before the previews even started. I had a classic comedy movie moment - I forgot to bring a hand pump for breastmilk with me, so I ended up with a wet spot on the front of my shirt. Fortunately, I had a sweatshirt with me for the chilly movie theater, so I was able to "cover up" on the metro ride home!

We came home to Miss J having tummy time with Baby L - she has learned to roll over! Watch out world, soon we will have a crawling rugrat!

Baby L is finally ok with tummy time! Soon we're going to need some baby gates!
We ordered Vietnamese delivery for dinner, and a pair of cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery are on their way to our home right now! I don't think I could have asked for a better day - it was easy, laid back, and full of love and good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment