Saturday, December 30, 2017

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We celebrated Baby L's first Christmas! She let us sleep in until 7:30am, and while she was still a little fussy from her vaccination shots, she let us dress her up in cute Christmas outfits.
The best family Christmas photo!
Baby L's all-day Christmas onesie
Baby L with Miss J in her church outfit that Mimi and Granddad sent to us
We went to morning church service at Christ Church in Jebel Ali, the Anglican Church we've been attending since we moved to Dubai. Miss J came with us for the first time, and we enjoyed a nice kids-focused service. I wore a sweater and jeans, and I wished I had worn a traditional Vietnamese ao dai for the service - it didn't even occur to me until we got to the church and I saw a lot of the Indian women wearing their beautiful saris! I might start wearing my ao dais to church on Fridays just so I have an excuse to wear them - they've been sitting in my closet since I had them made in Vietnam with little occasion for me to wear them. I did change into my red one when I got home for our family photos.
Baby L and I in my ao dai
 After pictures, I cooked for the first time in months! I made roast small chickens (because we couldn't find cornish hens), green beans, and mashed potatoes with gravy - a pretty traditional American meal. I would have roasted a turkey, but I didn't want the hassle (or the long cook time!), and for three people, the chickens were more than enough.

Since Baby L doesn't know enough to want to open presents first thing in the morning, we waited until after her afternoon nap. She was cheerful, squealing, and she helped me rip the paper off some of her gifts! All in all, it was fun filled day, though we wish we could have been with family.

We wish everyone a happy 2018! Look for more adventures of Baby L as we get ready for a big trip to Singapore and Vietnam early in the new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment