Saturday, September 2, 2017

Baby Story - Birth Story Photos


For a full text account of the birth story of Baby L and I, you can start here:Baby Story - Part 1. These photos, taken by the amazing Lacey Sexson of Lacey Sexson Photography cover a good chunk of Parts 2 & 3 of our story.

Honestly, I  LOVE working with Lacey. We had such a great time during our maternity session earlier in the summer. She is incredibly professional, and her photographs, particularly in the delivery room, are both tasteful and powerful.  I think she actually got to the delivery room a bit earlier than she needed to -- our target was dilation of 6cm, and she arrived when I was still around 5cm.  Little did she know how long she'd have to wait for the big show!

Even more than providing photography services, Lacey was a cheerleader and friend when I needed one so far away from home.  Having delivered 3 of her own children and experienced the full gamut of pain management and induction options through her 3 deliveries, she was able to offer advice and suggestions to me through the process.  My husband G is wonderful, and he's obviously never delivered a baby, so I welcomed the extra support. I hope our friends and family enjoy these photos as much as we do!

For an extra special treat, scroll down to the very bottom for Lacey's video montage, featuring a recording by G.



Early in the evening, still fresh from the epidural - I didn't know there'd be such a long night ahead!





That amazing moment when my wonderful doc places Baby L on  me...love at first site.  So relieved she is crying loudly.
G cuts Baby L's umbilical cord while I give her my first kiss - even messy out of the womb, she is perfect!
Of every moment captured, this one is my favorite - G and Baby L, in love!
Our first family photo!


Baby L, you are our Sunshine, now and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment