Thursday, May 25, 2017

Etiquette Conundrum: Showers & Registries


I went back and forth about whether to post this.  Etiquette dictates that throwing your own baby shower and posting your own registry as a blatant request for gifts is a big no-no, and my mother was the ever-perpetuating voice of etiquette.  With our current overseas situation, I just going to have to set my inner etiquette voice aside, particularly because I've had so many friends and family ask, "Since we can't throw you a shower, where are you registered??"

So, with some hesitation, I have posted our registry information.  We are more than grateful for any gifts you choose to give, and please know that we are not expecting gifts from anyone.  The registry directs all shipping to Gabe's parents in Baytown, and if you would like to have the address to send something off-registry, please let me know (for their privacy, I didn't to post their address here). Our only caveat is that all gifts need to be received by G's parents by the end of June so that they make it overseas to us. My company allows me to have a "baby shipment" prior to my due date, which is basically as much stuff as I can fit into a 4'x4'x4' air shipping container.  G's sweet mother is graciously allowing me to ship all my baby stuff to her for staging until the freight company comes to pack it all up and send it to us in UAE.  We plan to "buy out" our registry on July 1, and any gifts received after the shipment goes will have to wait until they come to visit us in October.

We are registered at Amazon.com.  Baby stuff tends to cost about 25-30% more here, so the free shipping on Amazon, combined with the company-paid overseas shipment is a huge savings for us. Thank you for all your love and support, we are 28 weeks down, 12 weeks to go!
Thank you to all who have gotten us started!

No comments:

Post a Comment