Friday, March 8, 2019

More Project Finishes!

We got home from Oman on Tuesday afternoon, and which meant I had a little extra time to finish a few more sewing projects!

This first one, I actually finished back in January when Dad and Mary were visiting, but I wanted to wait until Danielle received it before posting it.  Danielle has been a penguin lover for as long as I can remember, so I completed my very first applique project - a cute little penguin mug rug!  As a late Christmas gift, I sent this back to her via my Dad with a package of yummy TWG Masala Chai for her to set her giant mugs on during the chilly Boston winter.

Penguin Mug Rug & my first applique project! I've learned that applique for tiny circles is actually a big pain!!

The next project finish is a fun memory game set for Baby L.  She's a little young for true "memory", but she does like to play matching where I take pick one tile, and she picks the matching tile.  I followed this simple tutorial from Apple Green Cottage to create a set of 16 (8 pairs) of fabric memory squares.  I also made a cute little bag from scraps of projects from the last "Project Finishes"


Quick and easy memory game from scraps in my stash


For Christmas, Miss J gave Baby L a little cash register and grocery set, which she loves!  The only bummer is that the little shopping basket that came with the set is much too small to hold all the grocery pieces - so I sewed Baby L a little elephant-print shopping tote from this tutorial from Diary of a Quilter. The elephant print in my stash wasn't quite the same size as a FQ, and the scraps that I had for the handles were a little longer, but the end result was still cute and  served the purpose that we needed - a little bag for Baby L to carry her "groceries" around!

Baby L' s elephant grocery tote


And finally, I finished a hexagon play mat bag from a fat quarter bundle I bought a few years ago. Baby L was gifted some blocks for Christmas, and this is the perfect way to keep them contained! 
Baby L loves her play mat! 


There's a few more projects in the pipeline before baby #2 arrives, some of which require fabric coming in our baby shipment (so excited!) Next post will have photos from our amazing photo shoot, I just need to put it together! 



No comments:

Post a Comment