Tuesday, February 20, 2018

40 Days of Gratitude!

My friends on Facebook & Instagram already know this, and I'm adding a note here for my blog readers who are not tied to my social media accounts.

There will be a drop in blogging over the Easter Season, primarily because I've committed to posting 40 Days of Gratitude on Instagram during Lent. In high school, my youth minister always told us to do something extra instead of the traditional giving something up, and to honor her this year, I chose to do both.

In addition to my daily reflection of the things I am thankful for, I've given up chocolate and caffeine. The chocolate part has not been too bad, the coffee has been a little rough this first week since Baby L is not always the best sleeper! On those groggy mornings, I remind myself that an exercise in sacrifice is not meant to be easy, and to be more Christlike (or rather, more Holy Mary-like since I don't recall Jesus staying up all night with crying newborns in the bible) and suck it up.

My Instagram account is private, but I am pretty fast at approving followers if I know who you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment